Thursday, August 2, 2012

Homeshool Planning 2012 The Beginning

OK so here comes another year of homeschooling just around the corner.  I am trying to plan out what curriculum I will use this year.  Looking at what I have and what is still needed.  I have always been a follower of the Charlotte Mason approach to homeschooling.  That being said I recently read the book A Well Trained Mind.  I have actually read the parts that apply to my kids twice.  I found it to be very interesting.  Prior to reading it I felt very intimidated by what I saw being sold as Classical Curriculum.  So this year I will be combining the two approached a little bit.

After homeschooling for a while my two favorite things are Mystery of History and Apologia Science. My children love them both and any time we havn't used them during a school year things just didn't go as well. So why mess with a good thing!?

I will post soon my exact curriculum plan for each child and post how thing go through out the year.

Another goal of mine for this year is to read the kids books of the book lists from Honey For A Childs Heart.  I loved this book.  I am hoping to purchase Honey for a Teen Heart and Honey for a Moms Heart soon. 

I will be trying to sell some curriculum and books that I know I wont use so that we can stay on a tight budget for books to be used this year.  OH I wish I owned a money tree.  There are so many great things out there that I would love to have for my kids to read, look at, and play with.  By the way The Old Schoolhouse Magazine had some great articles this month on how to homeschool on a budget.  Great stuff and just what I needed to read!

So what are some of your wants or needs for this homeschool year?  I would love to hear?  What do you use that you absolutely love and would not change?

Happy Planning!

No comments:

Post a Comment